Guidelines for Submission to be added to Pain BC's "Find a Practitioner" Map
For any health care providers, clinics or services to be included on our website, you must meet the following criteria:
- Offer pain management services guided by a biopsychosocial view of pain and pain care.
- Services must be based on evidence-informed practice.
- Services promoting a single modality will not be included unless practitioners can demonstrate advanced training in chronic pain assessment and management (training must be through an accredited institution or a Pain BC training program).
- Services must include an active self-management component.
Note: Services making unsubstantiated or grandiose claims will not be included.
If you meet these criteria and would like to submit your service/clinic/group/practice for consideration, please sent the following information to firstname.lastname@example.org:
- Full name of practice/group/clinic and contact information (including website if applicable)
- Your full name(s)
- Your discipline or area of clinical practice
- Brief description of services provided and who your services are for
- Brief outline of expertise, training, and qualifications/credentials (including institutions and dates) of health care providers
- Any further information that shows you meet Pain BC’s criteria
Once we’ve reviewed your request, and if it’s approved, please allow 10 business days for the information to show on our website. By submitting your information to Pain BC, you understand that we have final say in whether to include your practice/clinic/group/service on our site.
Health care providers who successfully complete professional development offered by Pain BC may also request to be added to the map.
Guidelines for Submission: Your Event/Program/Webinar/Study for Promotion
If you’d like to share your event, webinar, study, research, or program with Pain BC for possible inclusion on our website, social media channels, or in our monthly newsletter, please contact us at email@example.com. Please include the following information:
- Name and brief description of event/webinar/program/study/research and date(s)
- Intended audience
- Learning objectives (if relevant)
- Link to your organization’s event page or website and registration information (if applicable)
- A relevant image in .jpeg format
- Any other information that will help Pain BC evaluate your submission.
We do not guarantee your submission will be accepted or published and inclusion is at the discretion of Pain BC.