Pain BC offers in-person continuing education specific to clinical areas of practice with the goal of:
- Developing or enhancing sound clinical skills in the assessment and treatment of clients living with complex and persistent pain
- Reviewing the evidence-based science, specific to each discipline
- Integrating a biopsychosocial framework of pain into daily practice
- Supporting providers to treating challenging, persistent pain cases
- Offering engaging, practical, case-based instruction from recognized subject matter experts in their fields of practice
There may be various offerings and clinical specialties throughout the year. See our Upcoming Events page for specific workshop details.
After completing a workshop, participants receive a certificate of completion which they may use to apply for continuing education credits. Participants can also request to be listed on Pain BC's Find a Practitioner map, a searchable map that patients use to connect with health care professionals in their community.
Current Workshop Offerings
NEW: Chronic Pain Management for Chiropractors
- Audience: Chiropractors, members of the BC Chiropractic Association or non-members, Chiropractors from other provinces, students of chiropractic
- Accreditation: 17 structured CE Credits (for two full days)
Best Practice Pain Management for Occupational Therapists
- Audience: Occupational Therapists, members of CAOT-BC, non-members
- Accreditation: 16 hours of CE Credits (for two full days)
Chronic Pain Management for Registered Massage Therapists
- Audience:Registered Massage Therapists, members of RMTBC, non-members
- Accreditation:7 Professional Education core credits (7PE/A2 for one full day)
Questions? Contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Partial funding for these workshops is provided by the Government of B.C.