Are you passionate about social mission organizations? Are you a social worker or counsellor that wants to make a difference to people living in pain? Are you looking for a shorter-term contract that allows for flexible work? This might be the job for you.
Pain BC is a collaborative provincial non-profit organization working to improve the lives of the 1 in 5 British Columbians living with chronic pain. Our priorities include prevention and early intervention, education and empowerment, health care practice improvement and systems change, as well as stigma reduction and research.
Partnerships are the cornerstone of our organization; we catalyze strategic alliances with other non-profits, government, health authorities, patient groups, research institutions and the business sector in order to advance our mission.
Major Duties and responsibilities
The Coaching for Health Lead is accountable to the Support Services Director for completing client intakes and supporting volunteer coaches (both via telephone).
The primary purpose for the Coaching for Health Lead role is to ensure the consistency and high quality of the Coaching for Health intake process and provide appropriate support to the volunteer coaches. Specific responsibilities include:
- Client intake and support – Responsible for reviewing referrals from licensed professionals, conducting intake assessments, pairing clients with support services volunteers, and complex case support and management.
- Volunteer coach support – Provides guidance and support to coaches in their work with program clients.
Requirements and qualifications
- A university degree in social work, counselling, psychology, nursing, or related discipline. Master’s degree preferred
- Coaching qualification from an accredited ICF institute an asset
- Minimum 5 years’ clinical experience in social work, counselling, psychology, nursing or related discipline.
- Clinical supervisory experience (e.g. supervision of counsellors, practicum students, coaches, etc.) an asset
- Experience working with similar programs (e.g. support or crisis lines, coaching programs, counselling programs, support groups, etc.) is valued
Key skills, knowledge, abilities
- Counselling and/or coaching skills
- Supervising and supporting coaches, social workers or counsellors
- Continuous quality improvement
- Problem-solving & decision-making
- Director, Support Services
Compensation and work context
This is a three-month, 0.4 FTE temporary contract position (15 hours per week) position.
The compensation range for this position is $35 per hour.
The successful candidate will work from the Pain BC office for the duration of their employment.
Pain BC invites applications from underrepresented communities, including communities of colour, Indigenous communities, and LGBTQ+ communities.
Specific inquiries about this posting can be sent to Dorota Hedzelek, Director of Support Services at email@example.com. This posting closes at 5 pm on November 15th, 2019. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.