October 23, 2020
Join Pain BC and Providence Health Care for an incredible day of learning about complex pain - all without leaving your office or home!
About the conference
2020 Conference theme: Pain prevention and early intervention for chronic pain
Virtual presentations by:
- Pain advocate Keith Meldrum on "Understanding the lived experience of persistent pain"
- Dr. Michael Negraeff on "Transitional pain and interdisciplinary team management"
- Dr. Gillian Lauder on "The impact of nutrition on chronic myofascial pain"
- Dr. Jill Osborn on "Neuromodulation and neuropathic pain"
- Dr. Vishal Varshney and team on "Advances in the multidisciplinary management of CRPS"
- Panel discussion: Approaches to opioid stewardship
Click here for a full list of topics, times and speaker bios.
Who should attend
The 2020 Interdisciplinary Pain Education Day is open to health care providers, researchers, people living with pain, students and all others with an interest in attending. You do not need to reside in British Columbia to attend the virtual conference.
- $35.00 (+ Eventbrite fee) for health care providers, researchers and the general public.
- Free for people living with pain, students, and anyone who is unemployed due to COVID-19. (Please note: Due to popular demand, our free live-stream tickets have sold out. If you are a person living with pain, a student, or are unemployed due to COVID-19, you can still access the recordings from all six presentations for free by selecting the "Recordings only - community access" option at checkout.)
Each ticket includes access to all six presentations. Once you have registered for the conference, we will contact you to register for specific presentations.
Can't join the live-stream event on October 23rd? Select "recordings only" when purchasing your ticket to receive presentation recordings following the live conference.
This Group Learning program has been certified by the College of Family Physicians of Canada and the British Columbia Chapter for up to 5 Mainpro+ credits. CME credits will be available only to BC providers who attend all six live presentations on October 23rd.
Live captions will be provided for each presentation and transcriptions will be provided along with presentation recordings. ASL-English interpretation is also available by request. If you require interpretation, please contact email@example.com by Friday, October 2nd, 2020.
If there is anything we can do to make this event more accessible, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Each live presentation will be recorded and made available following the conference.
If you have questions about the 2020 Interdisciplinary Pain Education Day, get in touch with us at email@example.com.
- Tickets are 100% refundable up to 17 days prior to an event, 50 % refundable 16-11 days prior, and non-refundable 10 days prior to the event.
- In the unlikely event that Pain BC must cancel a workshop, participants will be refunded 100% of the workshop fee. Pain BC is not responsible for any travel, accommodation or other fees incurred by participants as a result of workshop cancellations or rescheduling.