March 5, 2021 - 8:30AM-5:00PM PST
Join BC Children's Hospital and Pain BC for an interactive, practical and evidence-informed pain management education experience through this third annual one-day conference.
About the conference
Engage with pain specialists online from across Canada to explore perceptions of pain while enhancing your understanding of the pain continuum in pediatric hospital care. Learn how to better support children, youth and families experiencing acute and chronic complex pain.
Vision: To enhance our understandings of clinical practice for the management of children, youth and families experiencing pain by showcasing influential knowledge and research.
Who should attend
- This event is open to health care providers and people living with pain
- Are you or living with pain or a family caregiver of someone living with pain? If so, you can attend for free by clicking the free ticket option at checkout
Topics and keynote speakers
- Dr. Theresa Newlove: Unsticking our thoughts about pain
- Dr. Randa Ridgeway: Medications for acute pain management and acute pain service
Additional topics of discussion
- Supporting the care of the pediatric patient with chronic complex pain while in hospital
- Strategies to help children with chronic pain
- What’s new for inpatient regional anesthesia?
- Opioid use: when, what, where is use appropriate?
- Impact of untreated pediatric pain
- Early bird price: $35.00 + Eventbrite fee, which includes access to all presentation recordings
- Free for people living with pain and family caregivers to attend the live presentations