January 22, 2021 12:00PM
Millions of people who live with vulvodynia, a type of chronic pain specific to the vulvar region, are misdiagnosed. In this free webinar, Dr. Melanie Altas will provide an in-depth discussion on vulvodynia, its impacts on sexual health and how to diagnose and provide care for people living with this chronic condition.
By participating in this webinar, you will be able to:
- Understand the different clinical presentations of vulvodynia
- Gain confidence in diagnosing vulvodynia
- Identify contributing factors to your patient’s pain experience
- Assess impact of vulvodynia on sexual health
- Develop an initial individualized treatment plan for a person with vulvodynia
Dr. Melanie Atlas
Originally from the Maritimes, Dr. Melanie Altas settled in Vancouver in 2002. She attended medical school at the University of Toronto and then completed her residency in obstetrics and gynaecology (OB/GYN) at UBC in 2007. Dr. Altas began her career as a general OB/GYN, but has now shifted to solely ambulatory practice providing care for women with sexual dysfunction and vulvovaginal health concerns. She is the Clinical Team Director at the BC Centre for Vulvar Health at Vancouver General Hospital, and a Consultant Gynaecologist at the BC Cancer Agency.